Friday 27 July 2012

Diving Gannets

I have had a break from blogging for a bit and have been using my photography Facebook page instead. But I am now getting this back up and running.

Recently I have been on a photography trip to the Farne Islands, where I had the pleasure of seeing a variety of wildlife. In this post I have decided to show the images I captured of Gannets.  They are distinctively shaped with a long neck and long pointed beak, long pointed tail, and long pointed wings. I watched small groups of Gannets from the boat as they glided low over the water.  They feed by flying high and circling before plunging into the sea, which I have managed to capture in some of the images before.






2 comments:

  1. Lovely images! What camera and lens are you using? @headswimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! On this trip I was using the Nikon 90 and the Sigma 150-500mm

    ReplyDelete